It is getting SO hot these days in Mumbai that going out during the day time is a mess. I think apart from office, if there is anywhere I have to go, I just avoid it all together.And I thank the grocery delivery apps for the fact that I do not have to go out and buy food. The best form of entertainment at home is I guess are now the Web shows – whether they are on Netflix or You-tube. I will do a whole series of my favorite Netflix shows at a later post. Today I wanted to share my favorite Indian Web shoes which you should watch if you have not already and you will love them provided you love stuff movies like fun, full of love and quirky romantic comedies and chick flicks (Band Baaja Baarat,Wake up sid, Jab we met, Pitch Perfect, How to lose a guy in 10 days etc etc.). Rom com and chick flicks are the only genre that I enjoy and understand and I really do not get super hero, crime thriller kind of movies.
- Girl in the City Season 1 and 2: This story is about an aspiring designer(Meera Sehgal) from Dehradun and her struggle in Mumbai. GITC 2 is streaming right now and it has Mithila Palkar as the lead who is just so so awesome to watch. I L.O.V.E. her. I think she is my favorite YouTube Actor. Also, I really feel that GITC has a bit of Wake up Sid vibe to it, which is YAY. Below is the link to the trailer of both the seasons.
- Ladies Room: This is show about 2 girls and their friendship and how they have each other’s back and the conversations that they have in the loo about everything in life. Too much fun and I love the Dingo-Khanna duo and the fact that the episodes are under 20 minutes.
- Bang Baaja Baarat: Bollywood-ish romcom,Destination Wedding and mad family drama put into one. Band Baajaa Baarat is that and more. All time favorite web show. Watch the trailer to find more.
- Little things: Perfect sweet romantic Web series focusing on the little things of a live-in couple. It again stars Mithila Palkar (YAY) and we also love the home decor of their apartment. A very, cute, cozy, romantic web series.
- Official Chukyagiri: This is like the male version of GITC (concept wise). Again a small town boy comes to Mumbai to pursue his dreams and its about his story and is a very fun watch!
Hope you enjoy the shows as much as I did.
Happy watching 🙂